[Opm] Parser error when processing the EQUALS keyword

Joakim Hove joakim.hove at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 18:09:56 UTC 2016

> In the GRID section I was trying to parse an EQUALS keyword defined as
> follows:
>
> EQUALS
> TOPS  1125     1   1    1 1   1 1  / ​
> /
>
> The meaning of this would be assign a depth of 1125, to the block I=1,
> J=1, K=1.
> Am I right to assume that TOPS under EQUAL is not supported yet?

You are right - TOPS under EQUALS (or ADD / COPY / MUL / .. ) is not
supported yet. It is a bit of a chicken and hen problem; you need a grid to
be able to interpret the EQUALS keyword correctly - and then the keywords
to actually define the required grid come from the EQUALS keyword.

We recently managed to shoehorne in support for ACTNUM manipulations
through e.g. EQUALS, but that approach can not be easily extended to e.g.
TOPS, ZCORN or COORD. So - unfortunately I do not see us supporting general
grid manipulations through e.g. the EQUALS keyword in the immediate future.

Joakim