[Opm] Problems compiling the new versionof OPM

Atgeirr Rasmussen Atgeirr.Rasmussen at sintef.no
Tue May 24 07:32:56 UTC 2016

24. mai 2016 kl. 09.14 skrev Per Arne Slotte <paslotte at gmail.com<mailto:paslotte at gmail.com>>:

OPM'ers

Having had no major problems with compiling OPM back in january, I am now trying to upgrade to the latest version.

No problems with the first 6 modules (common, parser, material, core, grid, output) except that I had to run "make install" for the modules with dependencies to be able to find includes and libraries.

When compiling opm-simulators I get the following error message

error: cannot declare variable ‘linsolve’ to be of abstract type ‘Dune::RestartedGMResSolver<Dune::BlockVector<Dune::FieldVector<float, 1>, std::allocator<Dune::FieldVector<float, 1> > >, Dune::BlockVector<Dune::FieldVector<float, 1>, std::allocator<Dune::FieldVector<float, 1> > >, Dune::BlockVector<Dune::FieldVector<float, 1>, std::allocator<Dune::FieldVector<float, 1>

Any ideas anyone?

Hello Per Arne,

I have one idea: it could be related to changes to Dune. For the OPM modules we are usually not following
Dune API changes on a daily basis, but base our work on the releases. We currently support at least 2.3 and 2.4 (I am
not sure if we still support 2.2, that could work as well).

If you check out or download the latest Dune release you *should* have no problems. If this is what you have now, I
do not know what exactly the problem is. In general, it can be a good idea to clear out old versions (especially installed
versions) of Dune and OPM to ensure you are not getting a conflict between old and new header files.

Atgeirr