[Opm] Open well with zero perforations valid?

Roland Kaufmann roland.kaufmann at uni.no
Thu Sep 8 11:37:18 UTC 2016

On 8. Sep. 2016 at 10:08, Markus Blatt wrote:
> Is it valid to describe a well with status not equal to shut
> that has no perforations defined in the eclipse file?

Yes, at least in Eclipse 300 (but I guess it applies to Eclipse
100 as well).

However, it is a philosophical question: A well with no
perforations is the same as a well with all perforations shut,
which is the same as a shut well.

If you mention a well in WELSPECS but without any corresponding
perforations in COMPDAT, Eclipse writes the message "Well XXX has
no open connections. Well will be shut."

--
	Roland.