[Opm] The 2017.04 release branches have been created

Andreas Lauser and at poware.org
Thu Apr 13 11:15:13 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have just created and uploaded the stable branches of OPM 2017.04 for all
modules featured by this release. They are called "release/2017.04" and are
fairly close to what the final release will look like, i.e., these branches are
supposed to only get fixes for serious bugs and packaging updates. For this
reason, Arne Morten Kvarving is the person in charge of them. That said,
maintainers are responsible to apply all bugfixes from the master branch to the
release branch and vice versa until the final version have been made; i.e., if
maintainers decide to merge disruptive changes to master, that's okay with me,
but I'll grill them if they do not fix corresponding bugs in the release branch
via minimal patches, so I advice to be a bit conservative with pressing The
Green Button (TM) during the next two weeks or so.

cheers
  Andreas

--
Just because a patch doesn't solve world hunger isn't really a good
reason to reject it.