[Opm] Help with installation

Atgeirr Rasmussen Atgeirr.Rasmussen at sintef.no
Wed Aug 2 07:22:59 UTC 2017

Hello Andres!

I checked-out on 63b7cf6febf3f41e59b8803c06994e12a550c46a (which is earlier than the one above), and continued with a successful installation.

Good to hear!

I realized that you are pushing new commits every few hours to the master branch of all the opm-modules.  I guess these are not all properly unit-tested?  How should I proceed to compile a 'stable' executable?

Currently we only make stable releases every six months, as you know. In general, new commits are not accepted without testing. We use Jenkins at https://ci.opm-project.org to verify every pull request before it is merged, and as a rule patches are also reviewed before they are accepted. Inevitably, things go wrong once in a while, but the master branches are in a good state *almost* all the time.

Recently, some extra testing was performed on a particular version (more recent than the April release), and the repositories were tagged to make it easy to reproduce that version. If you check out the tag "testing/2017.06/rc1" across all repositories you should get that version, which is quite well tested.

If you want to stay current with ongoing development there is no way around using the master branches however.

Atgeirr