[Opm] Help with installation

Atgeirr Rasmussen Atgeirr.Rasmussen at sintef.no
Thu Aug 3 06:59:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thank you for persevering, and sharing your experience so that we can improve our instructions!

2. aug. 2017 kl. 23.07 skrev Andres Codas Duarte <andrescodas at br.ibm.com<mailto:andrescodas at br.ibm.com>>:

Hi,

  I finally managed to install flow and successfully tested it with SPE1CASE1.DATA . Thank you very much for your help. The main issue was with Dune, as my git repository was broken for some unknown reason. I cloned it again and then worked.

  I followed the instructions from opm-project.org/?page_id=231<http://opm-project.org/?page_id=231> with some exceptions that I would like to share with you

-- In the pre-requisites
- I used DUNEVERSION=2.4 and set CMAKE_FLAGS="-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX='~/local/'" in the installing script for Dune.
- I set PKG_CONFIG_PATH with export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PKG_CONFIG_PATH:$HOME/local/lib/pkgconfig/
- I ran ./dune-common/bin/dunecontrol make install all
- For SuperLU I followed the instructions from https://www.dune-project.org/doc/install-superlu/ and installed version 4.3. I set the environment variable SUPERLU_ROOT to specify the installation location. Observe that the latest SuperLu is not supported, and the instructions you provide to install SuperLu with brew do not work

I have updated the prerequisites page http://opm-project.org/?page_id=239 to set the recommended Dune version to 2.4, and warn about SuperLU. In the end I found it easiest to just provide a link to the Dune SuperLU page for that. I did not change the options for installing to a local dir as you have done, though.

-- For each OPM module
- I checked out on "testing/2017.06/rc1" except for opm-upscaling which doesn't have this tag.  I did not install opm-upscaling.
- I configured with cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/local/ -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug in sub-directory called build

I think that the latest master of opm-upscaling should work fine with the testing/2017.06/rc1 versions of the other modules, if you are interested.

Atgeirr