[Opm] Change from ERT to libecl

Joakim Hove joaho at statoil.com
Wed May 10 11:45:06 UTC 2017

Hello,

we have split the rather large ERT repository in three parts. The part relevant to OPM is now called 'libecl' and can be found here:

https://github.com/Statoil/libecl

The libecl repository contains the parts from ERT relevant to OPM/Resinsight. The build system has been updated to find either ert or libecl, so for the time beeing no changes are required - but at some stage in the future you are encouraged to replace ert on your system with libecl.

The libecl package is of course a much smaller and more easily managed dependency; no promises just yet - but we are certainly approaching a situation where we should be able to promise binary compatibility between OPM releases.

With some assistance from Arne Morten libecl now generates cmake configuration files, so as an alternative to the FindERT+++ macros (which still work) in the opm-common/cmake system you can do:

find_package( libecl )

target_link_libraries( target ${libecl_LIBRARIES} )

Joakim

this message.
Thank you