[Opm] Problems accessing Redhat packages?

Joakim Hove joaho at statoil.com
Tue Nov 7 10:38:04 UTC 2017

When trying to add the opm repo to YUM I get a timeout failure:

bash% sudo yum-config-manager --add-repo http://www.opm-project.org/package/opm.repo
Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, rhnplugin
This system is receiving updates from RHN Classic or Red Hat Satellite.
adding repo from: http://www.opm-project.org/package/opm.repo
grabbing file http://www.opm-project.org/package/opm.repo to /etc/yum.repos.d/opm.repo
Could not fetch/save url http://www.opm-project.org/package/opm.repo to file /etc/yum.repos.d/opm.repo: [Errno 12] Timeout on http://www.opm-project.org/package/opm.repo: (28, 'Operation too slow. Less than 1000 bytes/sec transferred the last 30 seconds')

I can navigate to the file in question using my browser; have also downloaded the file manually and added it - that seemed to work, but yum install still tried to fetch information from www.opm-project.org<http://www.opm-project.org> - which failed. Might be some internal Statoil settings?

Joakim

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
this message.
Thank you