[Opm] Large Models for OPM Flow

M. S. sindimo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:09:01 UTC 2018

Dear All,

I was wondering what's the largest number of processing cores that Flow has
been tested with for the MPI parallel version, also if there's a repository
having large models (e.g. 1 million cells or larger) ready to test Flow
with for benchmarking on 16, 32, 64,128, etc cores.

I am currently using the Norne and SPE9 models for testing but they're too
small to be run on larger number of cores. I was also previously told here
that the larger SPE10 model 2 may not be the best model to use for
benchmarking as it's currently not included in any of the integration
testing and not the most stable to run.

For example ECLIPSE provides a model ONEM1 with different variations for
benchmarking on different number of cores (e.g. ONEM1_8, ONEM1_16, etc...),
I tried running those models using Flow but it seems that the model input
syntax for ECLIPSE isn't 100% compatible with Flow.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Sincerely,

Mohamad
MIT Geonumerics group