[Opm] OPM Flow RedHat 7 Binary Package Build with MPI Support

Alf Birger Rustad abir at statoil.com
Fri May 4 10:18:30 UTC 2018

Hi Mohamad,

As Arne Morten says, you will need to tell Red Hat what MPI version to use. The way this is done is by first making the module command available. You achieve this by the following command:
. /usr/share/Modules/init/bash

Now you can query for installed modules with:
module avail

Lastly, you can tell it to use openmpi with:
module add mpi/openmpi-x86_64

On ubuntu, you do not need to do anything. If openmpi is installed, mpirun just works.

Cheers,
Alf