[Opm] 2018.10 release

Joakim Hove joaho at equinor.com
Fri Oct 26 07:48:43 UTC 2018

Dear OPM community,

I am happy to announce the 2018.10 release. Binary packages for Red-Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7 and Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 are available for download.

In addition to the usual list of fixes and improvements two significant improvements include:

  1.  flow can now write restart files which can be used to restart eclipse.
  2.  Performance has been improved significantly, on selected field models flow is significantly faster than eclipse.

Due to problems with the Zoltan package we have unfortunately been forced to disable MPI for the Ubuntu 18.04 package. We are looking into this, and if possible we will make updated packages at a later stage.

A sincere thank you to all developers, manual writers, github wranglers, testers, build system wizards and managers who have worked hard to make this release a reality. It is time for everyone to pat themselves on the back.

Like Linus says - we are aiming for world domination, and just as with Linux it is just around the corner!

Joakim

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
this message.
Thank you