[Opm] MPI Parallel OPM Flow - SPE 10 Model 2 Hangs

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Wed Sep 26 08:10:26 UTC 2018

Hi

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 09:30:26PM -0400, sindimo wrote:
> I am running OPM Flow with MPICH MPI on RedHat 7 (installed via yum through
> OPM repo, version 2018.04).
>
> I am able to successfully run in parallel  some of the test models  (norne,
> spe5, spe9), however spe10model2 always hangs when I try to launch it. It
> seems it hangs during the cell partitioning as below. It just partially
> does the partitioning on a subset of the processes only (example below
> where I have 4 processes and it hangs after doing 2 partitions, I've also
> tried with 8 processors and it shows similar behavior). Any help with this
> is much appreciated as I need to run SPE10 for some work I am doing, many
> thanks!

May I ask what work that is?

So you are using a release (even of a target distribution). That is a bit weired.
Unfortunately I do not have access to such a system and cannot be of much help here.
Maybe somebody else can do a quick test?

But I did a quick test with the current master on my system and it works with 4 processes.
So if nobody else can help you, then you might want to checkout master and compile
OPM yourself.

Cheers,

Markus

--
Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany,  USt-Id: DE279960836
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858