[Opm] GECON equivalent.

Stephen, Karl D K.D.Stephen at hw.ac.uk
Fri Apr 10 09:57:55 UTC 2020

Hi,
Thanks for the replies.

It would be useful to be able to end the run on ACTIONX as it opens a number of possibilities not captured by the *ECON keywords.

I did try the 'END' option with WECON to begin with as I use this in Eclipse. I did notice that latest version of the manual the manual said:
"Only the default value of NO is supported in OPM Flow." For item 8 however.

WECON shuts off the producer well but not the run. The injectors also continue.

My SCHEDULE section is as below (with two INCLUDE files which contain WCONHIST keywords for the producer in the first file and then an injector is define in the second with WCONHIST for both wells.

I recognised today that WECON only switches off the producer if I include the WCONPROD keyword. If I allow production and injection to continue from the last WCONHIST keyword with no WCONPROD then the WECON keyword has no effect at all.

Am I missing something?

(my model is 11 x 11 x 5 cells)

SCHEDULE

-- Output values of recurrent grid data (eg pressures, saturations)
RPTRST
  BASIC=2  /

-- Gas does not redissolve in oil
DRSDT
   0.0 /

-- Define well head locations and preferred phase
WELSPECS
-- well     group     X    Y           Phase
    D10    TEMPL1    11   10     1*     'OIL'   2*  /
/

-- Define completion data
COMPDAT
-- well   X   Y   Ztop  Zbot  Status           well ID            orientation
   D10    9  10    2     5     'OPEN'    1*  1*   0.500         3*     Z/
/

-- Use all memory allocated in NSTACK
TUNING
 /
 /
 2*  100 /

-- History match before start of water injection
INCLUDE
 'include-files\SCHED-HIST-TO-1-May-2018.INC' /

INCLUDE
 'include-files\SCHED-HIST-TO-1-Feb-2020.INC' /

WCONPROD
    D10  OPEN     LRAT             3*         3300  1*   2300 /
  /
WECON
      'D10'   400  1*   0.95  1*  1*  'CON'  'YES' /
/
TSTEP
100*31/

END