[Opm] OPM Flow multi-node simulations stuck at domain decomposition step

Markus Blatt markus.blatt at opm-op.com
Tue Aug 25 18:54:26 UTC 2020

Hi Yogi,

On  Fri Mar 13 06:55:32 UTC 2020 you wrote:

> Following your suggestion, I was able to build release 2019.10 successfully.
> The build succeeded with, and without the additional pre-requisites (SuperLU,
> Eigen, and libecl). Thank you so much for your time and help.
>
> Now when I run the simulation, after domain decomposition and printing
> loadbalancing information, simulation terminates with the following error:
> Program threw an exception: Could not distribute the vanguard data.

i know it has been a long timem but ...

I recently fixed a bug in flow that might be similar to yours, see
https://github.com/OPM/opm-grid/issues/476

Maybe your issue is fixed now, too? Chances might be slim though,
You will need to use OPM from the git master or wait until the next
release 2020.10.

Cheers,

Markus
--