[Opm] Dependencies revisited

Alf Birger Rustad abir at equinor.com
Tue Jan 28 08:13:34 UTC 2020

Hi all,

The world keeps on turning, and maybe it is time to revisit mimimum version requirements for Flow dependencies. One of the more pressing issues is Dune. We now have an implementation of CPR (constrained pressure residual) which requires Dune to be version 2.6.0 or newer. Today, this means that the latest Debian stable (Buster, released this summer) and Ubuntu 19.04 will be minimum for those who wants to use Dune from packages. Please raise your concern if this will bite you.

Another recurring issue is Boost. If we jump to Debian Buster and Ubuntu 19.04, this entails that we can bump minimum version of GCC to 8.3.0. Is this sufficient to consider removing Boost as a dependency?

What do you think?
Alf

intended for the addressee only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of the
this message.
Thank you