[Opm] Wells being shut - "because it cannot get converged" for live oil, not dead oil

Tor Harald Sandve tosa at norceresearch.no
Mon Jun 29 13:58:12 UTC 2020

Hi  Stephan

Thank you for reporting the issue. The action of Shutting problematic wells were implemented  some time ago to improve convergence.  I agree that it may be a too drastic measure at least if the wells are closed pre-maturely. We have recently fixed some issues with this feature. What version of Flow are you running? Depending on your version there may be a runtime parameter called "--min-time-step-before-shutting-problematic-wells-in-days" You could try to run your case with a very small value for this parameter. i.e flow YOURCASE--min-time-step-before-shutting-problematic-wells-in-days=1e-12.

Tor Harald

[cid:norce_426cc920-64ab-4893-95d0-c29d5dab670c.png]

NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS
norceresearch.no<https://www.norceresearch.no/>