[Opm] Initialization for steady state upscaling

Lezin Galibert Lezin.Galibert at petricore.com
Wed Mar 11 09:34:21 UTC 2020

Hello everyone,

I am trying to run steadystate_test_upscaling (from opm-upscaling) on a
primary drainage case, and I am struggling to get convincing results.
No matter what capillary number I use, the output relperms stay the
same (down to the last digit).
We are suspecting it might have to do with how the saturations are
initialized in the first place, could anyone help me understand how
this is done, and how to adjust it for primary drainage?

Thank you!
Lezin

PS: regarding the surface tension unit, I can confirm that it should be
N/m. The default value is 1 (no units) in the code, so be careful: if
you need to use the surface tension, you need to specify its value,
otherwise opm will scale your J function with the default value, and
you don't want that :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The information in this e-mail and any files transmitted is the property of PETRICORE and is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.