[Opm] Convergence Problems - New Shale Well Model

Neale ROBERTS NCROBERTS4 at msn.com
Fri Mar 20 22:52:31 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I am a retired reservoir engineer looking to engage the US Shale Development Community in a conversation about the pitfalls of relying too heavily on early time production statistics for development planning decisions. To make my points, though, I need to do some modeling, and OPM Flow appears to be an option worth considering. I've had a bit of a struggle so far, as I've been reminded of how heavily I relied on corporate experts and the Schl-j help desk to get my models up and running. I have finally managed to get a model to initialize, but am now encountering horrible convergence problems, resulting in pressure building to well above Pi in cells adjacent to the fracture cells and the runs eventually crashing. I don't know if it's the solver logic or my model. I have attached a copy of the DATA file. If there's anyone out there with the time and expertise to help me out, I would be very grateful. Cheers! - NR