[Opm] Use external mesh with Flow OPM and unstructured meshes

Antoine B Jacquey ajacquey at mit.edu
Tue Sep 29 22:13:59 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I am relatively new in using OPM and I am still exploring the capabilities of the Flow simulator.
In the tutorial (SPE!CASE1), I saw that the mesh is generated “on the fly” based on input parameters given in the .DATA file.

Is it possible to read a mesh file generated beforehand?
If yes, could you point out an example of this?

And second question: is it possible to use unstructured meshes with Flow?
I would like to consider reservoir models with fractures/faults represented as lower dimensional elements. Is this supported by Flow yet?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,

Antoine