[Opm] Tentative Release 2022.04 schedule

Markus Blatt markus.blatt at opm-op.com
Mon Apr 4 10:22:36 UTC 2022

Hi

It is April already and as usual OPM aims to to a release of our
software this month. I am lucky to have been named release manager
for this one. Competition has been fierce this time;)

Anyhow, I hope everybody will enjoy the ride and we will be able to
ship a stable new release this month.

Here is my tentative release Schedule:

2022-04-10: Creation of release branches
             Note that everything in master at this time will also be in
             the release. After this date only important changes will
             become part of the release. These should be mainly bugfixes
2022-04-15: First release candidate.
             We hope that there will be extensive testing
2022-04-22: Second release candidate (if needed)
2022-04-30: Final release

Please mark the PRs that should go into the release with Milestone "Release
2022.04" to make it easier to get an overview.

 From April 15 on features/bug fixes will need to be merged to master first and
will be backported by me to the release branches. Please keep that in mind
as you will need to clearly state that a PR is also for the release to speed
up reviewing and prevent me from missing stuff.

Would be a good idea to also start tagging currently open PRs, to help with
prioritising reviews.

Thanks in advance for all the help and your patience with the release manager.

Cheers,

Markus
--

Markus Blatt