[Opm] Error with upscale_relpermvisc

Bård Skaflestad Bard.Skaflestad at sintef.no
Thu Apr 28 12:28:01 UTC 2022

Hi,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.  The first problem is *probably* that the diagnostic message is incomplete.  For what it's worth, the upscale_relpermvisc utility looks for the following input data:

* SPECGRID
* COORD
* ZCORN
* PORO
* PERMX
* SATNUM

If you're comfortable looking at C++ source code, you can review the keyword existence check on lines 351--356 of upscale_relpermvisc.cpp (GitHub URL: https://github.com/OPM/opm-upscaling/blob/78bf78a8373f59d5d3d0394a0d8de12e822c9c5a/examples/upscale_relpermvisc.cpp#L351-L356)

At minimum the diagnostic message should mention PORO, PERMX, and SATNUM too, but ideally we should only identify the requisite input data that's actually missing.  Maybe your case is missing SATNUM?  In that case you can insert

SATNUM
N*1 /

with 'N' being the product of the grid dimensions instead.  That is still a little superfluous however, because the upscale_relpermvisc utility will use that definition as a fallback if it's not actually present in the input file.

Please let us know if you get any further if your input file provides porosity, permeability and saturation region information.

Best Regards,

Bård Skaflestad
OPM Developer
SINTEF Digital, Mathematics & Cybernetics
Computational Geosciences group