[Opm] Could OPM2022.04 build with GCC8.3?

Markus Blatt markus.blatt at opm-op.com
Thu Aug 4 06:46:50 UTC 2022

Hi Lei,

Am Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 06:03:15PM +0800 schrieb LEI TING:
>I'm working on CentOS7.3. I could build opm2021.10 with gcc8.3. But when I try to build opm2022.04, it shows many error messages like:
>...  is used but never defined [-fpermissive]
>when building the opm-simulators module.
>I think gcc 8.3 supports C++17. Should I add some switches?
>Or should I use gcc9?
>Thanks very much.

Well, I cannot give you a definitive answer, here. As g++8.3 is rather old
and probably nobody of us uses such an old version, I might be very likely be
that we broke support for it. Have you tried gcc9?

Maybe our Redhat expert Arne Morton has more insight.

Generally it would help to have some more information about the error messages.
The one you provided is not the real problem.

HTH,

Markus

--

Markus Blatt