[Opm] Request of information

Joakim Hove joaho at statoil.com
Mon Nov 23 13:11:53 UTC 2015

I am interesting to understand if the available OPM library contains the functions to compute the volume of each cell of a 3D unstructured grid volume made of hexahedron cells type knowing the X-Y-Z of the 8 vertex of each cell.

Hello;

the grid in opm exists in several incarnations – assuming Eclipse grid input it starts with an Opm::EclipseGrid instance in opm-parser and then it is further processed to the grid format actually used for simulations (Dune Cornerpoint / opm-core:UnstructuredGrid). The Opm::EclipseGrid is a thin wrapper around the ert ecl_grid.c which has exactly the function you ask for; in addition opm-core:UnstructuredGrid has the same function and I assume it is also in Dune corenerpoint.