[Opm] Request of information

Alf Birger Rustad abir at statoil.com
Sat Nov 28 07:43:09 UTC 2015

Hi Lisi,

I am afraid the question is surprisingly complicated to answer. The hexahedrons we calculate volumes for are cells from corner-point grids. In this case we have chosen to calculate the volume similar to what industry standard reservoir simulators do. The actual calculation is not done in opm though. You will find the call in the EclipseGrid files within opm-parser, with the functions ecl_grid_get_cell_volume1 and ecl_grid_get_cell_volume3. To see how the calculation is actually done, you will need to check out these functions in the Ert code found here:
https://github.com/Ensembles/ert

Cheers,
Alf