[Opm] Greetings & compile questions

Richard Huntrods huntrods at athabascau.ca
Wed Jul 13 16:55:15 UTC 2016

Robert,

There was one significant change to my compile procedure for Ubuntu
14.04. First, allow me to briefly explain my scripts and then the change
I made:

opm-source.sh - gets all the opm sources using git.
opm-depends.sh - uses apt-get install to install all the dependencies
required to compile opm sources.
opm-ert.sh - gets ert source and compiles & installs it.
opm-make.sh - compiles & installs the opm sources (except for resinsight).

Here's where things differ between Ubuntu 14.04 and Ubuntu 16.04

When I ran the opm-depends.sh script, I found the error file showed two
problems that weren't problems with Ubuntu 14.04:
  1. libboost1.55 not found; manually search for newer (apt search
libboost | grep libboost) and install:  sudo apt-get install
libboost-dev-all
  2. libumfpack5.6.2 not found; manually search for newer (apt search
libumfpack | grep libumfpack) and install:  sudo apt-get install
libumfpack5.7.1
     However,  apt-get replies libumfpack5.7.1 is already the newest
version, so really don’t need to do this step.

Once I installed the latest libboost-dev-all, the rest of the compile
process for OPM proceeded without any problems  that I could see. FLOW
was created in /usr/local/bin, and it ran.

However, as I said in my prior email, the output keywords are not
recognized.

Note: I compile ResInsight in a separate set of shell scripts (but
similar to those above):
res-source.sh - get the ResInsight sources using git
oct-depends.sh - apt-get install the dependencies to compile octave
oct-make.sh - compile & install octave
res-make.sh - compile & install ResInsight

Cheers,

-Richard Huntrods, P.Eng.

---