[Opm] New opm-repo

Robert Kloefkorn Robert.Kloefkorn at iris.no
Tue Mar 15 13:10:39 UTC 2016

Hi all,

> as far as I can see, there is not much which can be done on that front if you
> continue to insist on using ECL compatible files for output of parallel
> simulations. (these are inherently sequential file formats and thus the only
> way to accelerate writing them is to accelerate the sequential code.)

I only see one way to solve this problem: Write parallel output based on
the backup/restore routines that I have implemented (not ECL restart)
and then have a different process or the Visualization tool collect the
data from the parallel format.

This is how I have done this in DUNE and it works very well. Other than
that I agree with Andreas.

Best,

Rob