[Opm] Typical Run-time for SPE10

Alf Birger Rustad abir at statoil.com
Mon Aug 21 07:15:11 UTC 2017

Hi Kang,

Actually you do not need to do any code changes for the solvers that are supported. They can be chosen at run-time, with command-line parameters or a parameter file. I cannot remember this being documented on the internet yet though, but others may chime in with pointers on that. For the two-phase simulator, you can see its introduction here:
https://github.com/OPM/opm-simulators/pull/1235#issuecomment-311350607
Reading down the thread you will notice that there is a significant speed-up setting linear_solver_use_amg=true which will enable usage of Dune's AMG routine. The default preconditioner is incomplete LU factorization. Please note that the two-phase simulator is found in a separate binary, named flow_ebos_2p. If you adapt SPE10 Model2 to run with the two-phase simulator, we will be happy to accept the changes to the deck in opm-data.

Cheers,
Alf