[Opm] Who sets MODULE_ROOT when he/she calls CMake?

Alf Birger Rustad abir at statoil.com
Sat Sep 16 07:48:39 UTC 2017

Personally I have never used OPM_COMMON_ROOT, so I am not sure exactly what it does. Hence, there may be some functionality here I am unaware of. With that disclaimer, is it not better to just use opm_common_DIR directly instead? It is a standard location variable (independent of OPM) with predictable behaviour well documented on the net, and for all I know achieves exactly the same. On the positive side, removing OPM_COMMON_ROOT will simplify our cmake set-up significantly, and hopefully make it more intuitive for us all.

Cheers,

Alf