[Opm] OPM Flow RedHat 7 Binary Package Build with MPI Support

M. S. sindimo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 20:46:33 UTC 2018

Dear All,

I am interested in running OPM Flow with MPI support on RedHat 7.

I've installed the binary packages on 2 different machines, one with RedHat
7 and the other with Ubuntu 16.04 using these instructions:

https://opm-project.org/?page_id=245

The Ubuntu packages ran fine with MPI and I can see performance improvement
when running some of the SPE models, however the RedHat 7 version doesn't
seem to have been built with MPI support.

RedHat 7 currently has native mpi package that can be easily installed by
yum (based on mpich-3):

sudo yum -y install mpich-devel

Would someone be able please to build the Flow binaries for RedHat 7 with
MPI support, or perhaps if they already exist can you please point me to
where to get them?

I attempted building from source code but the Flow third party library
prerequisite installation seems overwhelming.

If anyone already has their RedHat 7 build environment setup and would be
able to help I would truly appreciate it. From the instructions on the
website, it says to enable MPI support you just need to pass this option to
cmake during the build “-DUSE_MPI=1” .

Thank you for all of your help, I really appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Mohamad Sindi
MIT