[Opm] Opm Digest, Vol 32, Issue 1

David Baxendale (Private) david.baxendale at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 01:41:45 UTC 2018

Claus,

History matching is one of the most difficult tasks reservoir engineers
perform, so anything than can improve on this will be enthusiastically
received. Part of the issue is that comparing various runs can be
distracting and running the commercial tools means having
multiple/special simulator licensees.

One suggestion, is rather than write a wrapper round OPM consider using
ResInsight and Octave to setup the decks and run the models, that way
you leverage existing tools. Also this would mean it would be easily
available to the community through incorporating the Octave scripts in a
release. This would also mean that it would work with OPM Flow, ECLIPSE,
and tNavigator.

If you need any help/advice from the reservoir engineering side let me know.

Something to consider
ThunderBird Signature File

Regards, David Baxendale