[Opm] About json (jsonObject) class in the "opm-common" module.

Joakim Hove joakim.hove at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:50:30 UTC 2018

> 1, in the Class ParserKeyword,  a new data type "Json::JsonObject" was
> introduced.   I don't understand what the purpose for this new data.  If we
> just use Class ParserItem and Class ParserRecord, could the parse process
> be done?

In principle you do not need the Json; the whole purpose of the Json thing
is to configure (compile time) the keywords which are recognized by the
parser. The keywords are configured using json files:
https://github.com/OPM/opm-common/tree/master/src/opm/parser/eclipse/share/keywords
- the use of Json for this is an implementation detail, any other input
format, or just plain C++ code could in principle have been instead. I am
one of the main guilty behind that system, and personally I think it has
worked well. Others might disagree.

> 2, is the json in "opm-common" the same as the JSON (Open-Standard File
Format) ?

Yes