[Opm] Problem with injecting field voidage replacement

Stephen, Karl D K.D.Stephen at hw.ac.uk
Fri Mar 15 17:31:09 UTC 2019

Hi Kai,
Just to add a little detail here.

I made an intermediate case (attached) including the GRUPTREE keyword, injecting at a constant rate for 200 days and then attempting to switch to field voidage replacement using my previous version of the keywords. In this case all wells are in group, G1, as you indicated.

Here I set Bw=1.0 because I previously thought this was a problem. It isn't just that though as FPR is no longer consistent. Apart from that FVIR and FVPR are no longer the same. So I still use:
--  GRO  Fluid  Control   Surf     Resv   ReInj  Voidage  GRUP
--  NAME  TYPE   mode     rate     rate   frac   Frac     CNTL
--  ----  -----  ------  -------   ----   ----   ----     ----  -----
GCONINJE
    FIELD    WATER   VREP        3*          1.0       NO   /
    G1       WATER   VREP        3*          1.0       /
/
-- Injection control
--  Well  Fluid  Status  Control   Surf   Resv   BHP
--  NAME  TYPE            mode     rate   rate  limit
--  ----  -----  ------  -------   ----   ----  -----
WCONINJE
    INJ    WATER  OPEN       GRUP     1*        1*           8000 /
/

which is different from the SPE9 case.

From ecl_summary:

-- Days   dd/mm/yyyy                FPR             FVIR             FVPR
   0.00   01/01/2020               4500                0               -0
   1.00   02/01/2020            4495.02            11000          11499.4
   4.00   05/01/2020            4483.38            11000          11499.3
  13.00   14/01/2020            4450.86            11000          11499.4
  40.00   10/02/2020            4353.57            11000          11499.6
  97.50   07/04/2020            4149.48          11000.1          11499.5
 148.75   28/05/2020            3965.53          11000.2          11498.8
 200.00   19/07/2020            3781.38          11000.2            11497
 298.64   25/10/2020            3776.76          11484.2          11484.2
 400.00   04/02/2021            3773.43          11457.5          11457.5
 600.00   23/08/2021            3771.18          11341.3          11341.3
 800.00   11/03/2022             3772.1          11164.6          11164.6
1000.00   27/09/2022            3772.65          10965.6          10965.6
1200.00   15/04/2023            3776.75          10796.7          10796.6
1400.00   01/11/2023            3778.95          10659.3          10659.3
1600.00   19/05/2024            3761.61          10553.6          10553.6
1800.00   05/12/2024            3750.42          10463.4          10463.4
2000.00   23/06/2025            3752.09          10387.1          10387.1
2200.00   09/01/2026            3745.92          10325.2          10325.2

Karl