[Opm] OPM software installation

Kjell Randa Kjell.Randa at evry.com
Thu May 16 06:35:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

We have got a request from one of out customers to install the OPM simulators on the Linux cluster they are using for reservoir simulation.
The main problem we are facing is that this cluster is not connected to the Internet and we cannot install the simulators directly.

Are the OPM simulators available as tar archive with all software and libraries compiled for Centos 7? That would allow us to install OPM on a NFS filesystem mounted on all nodes ant run it from this location similar to what we do with their existing simulators.
We will probably need to install both the single core executables and the parallel mpi based executables.

The nodes are connected by both 10 Gbit ethernet and 56 Gbit Infiniband and run large parallel simulations quite well, and used LSF as job schedular.

If a tar file is not available is there a list of the rpm packages we need to download an and install?

At this is a test of the OPM simulators we can do some manual work to install, but if the customer decides to use it for production we need to find a way to keep the installation updated.
For other repositories we keep an internal copy the we sync regularly, but an installation on a network file system is preferred as we then don't need to install on every node and root access will not be needed.

Best regards
Kjell Randa
Chief Consultant
System & Product management, Bergen