[Opm] OPM software installation

Joakim Hove joakim.hove at gmail.com
Thu May 16 13:00:24 UTC 2019

> Are the OPM simulators available as tar archive with all software and
> libraries compiled for Centos 7?

Centos/RedHat7 is a well supported platform for opm/flow. We offer RPMs -
as described here: https://opm-project.org/?page_id=36, but nothing like
binary tar archives.

At this is a test of the OPM simulators we can do some manual work to
> install, but if the customer decides to use it for production we need to
> find a way to keep the installation updated.

Installing opm/flow from source is not very difficult - and maybe the best
alternative if you wish to install on a shared NFS volume in a non-standard
location.

<shameless plug>
Several of the developers in the OPM community - myself included work as
independent consultants - and could be interested in helping you set up a
smooth workflow for installing and updating opm/flow, this cooperation
could also be extended to a general support agreement in the future. It can
also be mentioned that we are currently looking into establishing a
commercial company originating in the opm community which can offer general
support for opm/flow.
</shameless plug>

Joakim