[Opm] OPM Query - From a New User

Bård Skaflestad Bard.Skaflestad at sintef.no
Wed Aug 19 16:04:35 UTC 2020

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in OPM Flow.  I am sorry that you got such a rough initial experience.

The 'TableContainer' is Flow's internal representation of property tables entered using "simple" data keywords such as SWOF, PVDO, RSVD, and others.  This facility handles region support (e.g., partitioning a model according to SATNUM or PVTNUM) as well as the case of the table data in certain regions being defaulted (fallback to using tables from regions with lower numerical IDs if available).

The exception message (no table in range 0..0) suggests that Flow, for whatever reason, was not able to identify the table data for one or more of the tables entered in one (or more) of the keywords.  The segmentation fault *typically* results from indexing out-of-bounds in an array.  That's always a programming error (failure to properly check the bounds of the array).  As for the Cartesian geometry, that's hard to explain.  I would have to know a little bit more about your case.

Since you refer to "segmentation faults" I'll assume that you're on a Linux system.  In that case, would you mind running the command

    sed -n 's/\(^.*[0-9]\{1,\} *Reading [A-Z][A-Z0-9_]\{1,7\}\) *in file.*$/\1/p' ./CASE.PRT

with "CASE.PRT" being the .PRT-file generated by Flow when running your simulation case?  The output of the above command is a list of the keywords that Flow recognized in the input file, but without any identifying markers (e.g., filenames, well names or line information).  If you're not able to share the model, that list might still help us narrow down a few possibilities and make suggestions for things to try next.  If you *are* able (and willing) to share the model, then by all means feel free to send it to me by e-mail.

By the way, are you running a release version of Flow (e.g., 2020.04) or did you compile the master sources from GitHub yourself?

Best Regards,

Bård Skaflestad
SINTEF Digital, Mathematics & Cybernetics
Computational Geosciences group