[Opm] Error using mpirun after compiling from source

Markus Blatt markus.blatt at opm-op.com
Wed Aug 26 07:26:31 UTC 2020

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 03:32:10PM -0400, Josimar Alves da Silva wrote:

> Thank you very much for the reply. I checked and it seems that I have
> Ubuntu 18.04bionic. See below.
>
> If I understood correctly, according to the Note 1 that you mentioned, the
> way to fix this issue is to install the mpi package provided by opm. Could
> you comment on how to do this? Alternatively, would it be possible to
> direct me to some documentation that helps me to install the mpi properly,
> then to rebuild the source codes using the correct mpi installation?

You can check that with

apt-cache policy libopenmpi2

There should be a line like

Installed: 2.1.1-9~bionic

The easiest way is to simply follow the install instructions for the binary
packages and install libopm-simulators-bin as you can have installed versions
and still compile and use master without installing.

Then you only need to compile/recompile all opm modules from git master (just
to be sure remove the build directories). No
need to compile the dependencies. I just did that and "mpirun -np 2 flow NORNE_ATW2003" works like a charm.

Markus

--
Markus Blatt
CTO @ OPM-OP AS, Heyerdahlsvei 12b, 0777 Oslo, Norway