[Opm] Hydraulic Fracture Modelling

Patricia Carreras patricia_carreras at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 13 17:21:20 UTC 2020

Hello all,

Brief addition to my previous comments.

According to the tNavigator manual that I have, Eclipse 100 and Eclipse 300, along with tNavigator, have incorporated the following hydraulic fracture keywords since ~2015:

  *   To specify hydraulic fractures: WFRAC, WFRACP, COMPFRAC
  *   To specify hydraulic fractures in LGR: WFRACL, WFRACPL, COMPFRACL

These keywords provide at well and completion level the geometric characteristics of the hydraulic fractures (azimuth angle, height, half length), the properties of the proppant, and the dependence between fracture permeability and flown phase volume or time.

I think the modelling of the hydraulic fractures could be a good topic for discussion during the project meeting on February 4-5.

Regards.

PC