[Opm] BSD packaging

Alf Birger Rustad abir at equinor.com
Sun Feb 28 21:04:57 UTC 2021

Hi Evan,

There is no usage on BSD afaik, and I am not sure how easy it is to get all dependencies installed and linked there. There are Mac users on Flow, so it typically compiles, and patches to keep supporting clang on Mac are usually well received. These days I would assume Resinsight compiles on Macs, since the Qt5 support came in (it broke when Apple depricated Qt4). However, please note that none of the applications are officially supported on BSD or Mac, as there is no funding for it. Same goes for most linux distributions. Only select releases of Ubuntu and Red Hat has packages at this point. There are plans to support Debian though. This means that  if you want packages, you should probably be prepared to also fund general support for the platforms.

Cheers,
Alf