[Opm] Tentative Release 2023.10 schedule

Markus Blatt Markus.Blatt at opm-op.com
Fri Oct 6 15:26:37 UTC 2023

Dear OPM community,

time flies and our calendar says that is already October again.
Everybody has been quite busy improving and extending OPM over the
summer. Seems like high time to collect the harvest into a new release.

I have the honor of working for you as a release manager and intend to
base my work on the following tentative release schedule:

2023-10-11: Creation of release branches
             Note that everything in master at this time will also be in
             the release. After this date only important changes will
             become part of the release. These should be mainly bugfixes

2023-10-18: First release candidate available for testing

2023-10-30: Second release candidate available for testing.

2023-11-6: Final release

Please mark the PRs that should go into the release with Milestone
"Release 2023.10" to make it easier to get an overview.

 From October 18 on features/bug fixes will need to be merged to master
first and will be backported by me to the release branches. Please keep
that in mind as you will need to clearly state that a PR is also for the
release to speed up reviewing and prevent me from missing stuff.

Would be a good idea to also start tagging currently open PRs, to help
with prioritizing reviews. Please don't do this for all of your PRs but
only those that you think are considerably stable and important
features. Bugfixes should go in in any case.

Thanks in advance for all the help and your patience with the release
manager (I know that I can be slow from time to time).

Cheers,

Markus

--
Markus Blatt | https://de.linkedin.com/in/markusblatt