[Opm] First release candidate for 2023.10 available

Markus Blatt markus.blatt at opm-op.com
Thu Oct 19 07:11:35 UTC 2023

Dear all,

I am pleased to annouce that we have finished preparing the first release
candidate for testing.

You can check out the release candidate from the github repos using the tag

      release/2022.10/rc1

(do git checkout release/2023.10/rc1 and then rebuild)

or use binary packages for Ubuntu Linux versions 20.04 and 22.04.

To test the binary packages, follow the normal installation instructions at
the OPM website [1], but replace the command

      sudo apt-add-repository ppa:opm/ppa

with the command

      sudo apt-add-repository ppa:opm/testing

to use the testing package repository instead of the regular one.

The release process this year seems much faster than the last time I
was release manager some years ago. I guess this is a sign of the good
work of all our developers. So kudos to all of them. It is a pleasure
to work with you.

Kind regards,

Markus

[1] <https://opm-project.org/?page_id=245>