[Opm] Problems running ECLIPSE model using FLOW

Alun Griffiths Alun.Griffiths at rockhopperexploration.co.uk
Wed Apr 27 08:41:32 UTC 2022

Hi

Thanks for sifting through the list.  Interesting that IPCW is supported by FLOW but PCW isn’t.  Also, page 1288 of the 2021-10 manual suggests that WBP and WBP9 are supported.  But these aside, I think we could ignore or work round most of the unsupported keywords.  However, there are some that are important:
GCONPRI             leads to higher oil rates when the model is liquid-constrained
GRUPNET            needed to accommodate production from the subsea manifolds sharing a common flowline pressure

Unfortunately, we have no money available to support FLOW development at the moment – sorry!

I took out the SCHEDULE section and ran FLOW.  It no longer fails with the message:
“Program threw an exception.  Evaluation function for : GEFF not found”

This only appeared in the terminal window, not the PRT or DBG files.  Slightly puzzled why this would be the case as GEFF is a SUMMARY keyword and I kept the summary section.  Anyway, FLOW completed and produced a .EGRID and .INIT file but no .UNRST file so I can’t check the saturation distribution and  FLOW doesn’t support RPTSOL so I can’t check the STOIIP in the PRT file.  Not sure where to go next ….

Best regards

Alun